Disclosure:Some of the links or banners in the following post are “affiliate links” and Fairy Busy Mommy will receive affiliate commission for items purchased through those links.
This really puzzles me. So many people out there are Health Food or Fitness nuts yet they go home to houses stocked with chemicals that are leeching toxins into the air they breathe. Imagine how much better that work out could have been if your lungs were at full capacity! If your body wasn’t fighting to rid itself of toxins instead of focusing on giving you full steam! How is that healthy? I just don’t get it.
Think about this: (taken from this article by Julia Kendall)
“Principal chemicals found in Fabric Softeners/Dryer Sheets are:
Symptoms of exposure are taken from industry-generated Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Causes CNS (central nervous system) disorders… “highly irritating to mucous membranes” …”Aspiration into the lungs can produce pneumonitis or even fatal edema.” Can also cause “excitement, ataxia (loss of muscular coordination), hypothermia, CNS and respiratory depression, and headache.” “Prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact.”
- BENZYL ACETATE
- Carconigenic (linked to pancreatic cancer). “From vapors: irritating to eyes and respiratory passages, exciting cough.” “In mice: hyperanemia of the lungs.” “Can be absorbed through the skin causing systemic effects.” “Do not flush to sewer.”
- BENZYL ALCOHOL
- Causes CNS disorders …”irritating to the upper respiratory tract” …”headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drop in blood pressure, CNS depression, and death in severe cases due to respiratory failure.”
- Causes CNS disorders. On EPA’s Hazardous Waste list. Symptoms: “local irritant and CNS stimulant” …”readily absorbed through body tissues” …”irritation of eyes, nose, and throat” …”dizziness, confusion, nausea, twitching muscles and convulsions”. “Avoid inhalation of vapors.”
- Neurotoxic. Anesthetic. Carcinogenic. on EPA’s Hazardous Waste list. “Avoid contact with eyes, skin, clothing. Do not breathe vapors …Inhalation of vapors may cause headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness, irritation of respiratory tract and loss of consciousness.” “Inhalation can be fatal.” “Chronic effects of overexposure may include kidney and/or liver damage.” “Medical conditions generally aggravated by exposure: kidney disorders, liver disorders, heart disorders, skin disorders.” “Conditions to avoid: Heat…” Listed on California’s Proposition 65.
- ETHYL ACETATE
- Narcotic. On EPA’s Hazardous Waste list. “…Irritating to the eyes and respiratory tract” …”may cause headache and narcosis (stupor)” …”may cause anemia with leukocytosis and damage to liver and kidneys”. “Wash thoroughly after handling.”
- Carcinogenic. “Prevent its contact with skin or eyes because it is an irritant and sensitizer.” “Always wash thoroughly after using this material and before eating, drinking …applying cosmetics. Do not inhale limonene vapor.”
- Narcotic. Causes CNS disorders. …”respiratory disturbances” …”Attracts bees.” “In animal tests: ataxic gait, reduced spontaneous motor activity and depression …depressed heart activity …development of respiratory disturbances leading to death.”
- “Danger – Harmful if inhaled …Avoid breathing vapor.” “Inhalation of vapors may cause headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness, irritation of respiratory tract and loss of consciousness. Repeated inhalation of vapors may cause CNS depression. Contact can cause eye irritation. Prolonged exposure may cause dermatitis (skin rash).’ “
END QUOTE OMG!
And that’s JUST FROM YOUR FABRIC SOFTENER. Imagine what’s in your CLEANSERS!!! HELLO??? CHLOROFORM???? In you fabric softener?????? You’ve got to be kidding me. CHLOROFORM!!! “Inhalation can be fatal.”
Yeah…um… “Hey (insert chore-doing-aged-child’s name here)… don’t forget to add the fabric softener!”
I don’t think so.
Go right now and take a look at you household products… What’s in them? Now Google some of those chemicals. You’d be surprised at what you find…. maybe even scared. Are there kids in your house? Do you like what you’re exposing them to? They have no choice in the matter! YOU DO.
MAKE A CHOICE TO TRULY BE HEALTHY.
What good is your workout and your diet if your slowly poisoning yourself washing laundry or cleaning the tub?
I may not eat as many fruits and veggies as I should, and I may not exercise daily… But I breathe clean air while I try to change that habit.
And what’s more important… MY 9 MONTH OLD SON is not exposed to ANY toxins in my home. I don’t have to buy a special “baby safe” laundry detergent to wash his clothes because the regular “grown up” detergent isn’t safe for him. I can use the same laundry detergent on my entire family’s clothes. Why should the rest of my family be exposed to an un-safe detergent?
I can wash my bath tub and toilet with the bathroom door closed and no fan on with out choking to death on the fumes. If I spill solvent on my skin while cleaning a heavy duty stain, it doesn’t burn. I can wipe it on my pants until I finish my chore without having to run to the sink to wash the chemicals off my skin OR ruining my pants. Heck I can even spritz it lightly on myself AND Cody to repel mosquitoes in the fall with NO ILL EFFECTS to either of us. Can you do that with your products? I doubt it.
Come talk to me: http://www.SaferForCody.com
Disclosure:Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, Fairy Busy Mommy only recommends products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”